💥 One of our go-to quick curry dinners for all the family is this sweet and coconut rich vegetable curry, made here with winter rainbow carrots, courgette, sweet potato and cauliflower.. it’s a fun dish to get the kids involved with too, doing some peeling and a little spice measuring plus practising chopping and stirring!
Spiced with cumin, wonderful curry leaves, coriander and turmeric and thickened with ground almonds, it’s health food for our tums and spirits!
Plus it takes around 40mins to make…
Step by step in pics below…
1. Fry off approx 2 tsp cumin seeds and a handful of fresh curry leaves (found in freezers in most Asian supermarkets) for about 30secs-1min in oil..optional added 0.5 tsp of Asafoetida to help with digestion!
2. Add chopped onion (2 small or 1 bigger) and fry til softened around 6-8mins, adding finely chopped ginger (4cm) and garlic (4 cloves) and fry again for about 4mins
3. Add 2 chopped carrots and fry for 5mins
4. Add 1 tsp Cumin, 2 tsp ground Coriander & 1 tsp Turmeric, mix together well
5. Throw in chopped sweet potato and approx 50g ground almonds, stir to coat then pour in water to cover the mix
6. Simmer covered for approx 10mins
7. Add roughly pulled apart cauliflower, 1 tin coconut milk, 1 tsp Garam Masala, 2 tsp salt and 1 sliced courgette. Cook covered a further 10-15mins until the veg start to feel soft, gently stirring occasionally..
8. Throw in a handful of frozen peas and a squeeze of lemon, then serve!
Adapt to your veg of choice. This is one colourful and tasty dish..